Locating and Adding the Required Metadata
Filling in the required and necessary fields to appropriately identify the iTunes podcast once it is in the iTunes U store. These fields are also used by the iTunes store to locate podcasts based on users' search terms.
2. Under the “Info” tab in the window, click in the space under “Name” and type in a name for your track.
This field will be displayed in as the title iTunes U interface and is searchable in the store. Please remove any strange symbols, underscores, or coding from the name and use regular language. Separate words using the space bar rather than using underscores. The name is the track title in the store, and should be easily read.
3. In the space under “Artist” type in the Name of the speaker, performer or other originator of the file’s content
4. In the space under “Album” type in the course, conference, series, sponsor, etc.
5. In the space under “grouping” type in keywords that may be used to locate the file
These are key words or phrases someone may type in an iTunes search to discover your content. Try to think of keywords or phrases that someone may search for that are relevant to this podcast. Speaker names may also be included here. If you don't know the best words, please ask the original content creator to give you this information.
6. In the space called "Comments", write a short description of the podcast or event
Again, this is searchable but would be a short paragraph of a few sentences describing the podcast episode.
7. When You are finished, click "Okay" or "Done", then drag the file to your Desktop
The file should be dragged to the desktop so it is easily located for uploading to iTunes U