How do I create an Assignment?
This lesson covers how to create an Assignment which will allow students to submit documents to the instructor for review and grading. Please note that the icon for Assignments is different than that for a document. You cannot just create a regular document and call it an assignment, and have a way for students to submit the assignment.
Go the area of your course where you want to create the Assignment and select Assessment.
Give your assignment a name and instructions for submission.
- Select Assignment Type
- Select number of attempts allowed from the "Number of Attempts" dropdown box
If desired, you can choose to enable Anonymous Grading and/or Delegate Grading
- From the "Display grade as" dropdown box select one of the following: Score, Letter, Text, Percentage, Complete/Incomplete
- Select the "Include in Grade Center grading calculations" checkbox to include the score to calculate grades
- Select the "Show to students in My Grades" checkbox so students can see their grade for assignment
- Select the "Show Statistics..." checkbox to allow students to see this information
- To make assignment available to students, select the "Make the Assignment Available" checkbox
- If desired, you can set dates and times to limit the time period that assignment will be available to students.
- Select the "Track Number of Views" checkbox to enable you to see how often the assignment has been viewed if desired.
- Click the "Submit" button